6 Tips Guaranteed to Deliver Positive Results
A successful marketing plan requires a well-thought-out strategy that is comprised of interconnected layers, each with measurable goals. For over 65 years, our award-winning creative team has been implementing tools that have successfully generated positive results. The following tips should not be used as stand-alone endeavors, rather, we suggest that they be intricately woven into a comprehensive marketing plan.
1. Websites Are Important. As the saying goes, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” The internet is the first place that consumers go when researching a product or service. So, if consumers see this when they go to your site, chances are they won’t be back.
Your site should be clean, professionally coded, user-friendly, and engaging. Don’t try to cut corners and “save money” by creating your own site. Spend the extra money and let the experts take control. It’s going to save you a lot of time and frustration, trust me. Plus, your customers will be much happier with the outcome!
2. Consistency Is Key. In order to engrain your brand into the consumer’s mind, you need to be recognized and in order to be recognized, you need to be seen. But what’s the difference?The difference is consistency – consistency in your branding, messaging and frequency.
Consistent branding – Establish companywide branding guidelines that outline your logos, colors, slogans, etc. Keeping these consistent across all areas of your business will help create a recognizable brand.
Consistent messaging – Intertwine your company values, goals and mission into your marketing message. By using a consistent voice, your consumers will have no trouble understanding what your company is about and what you’re aiming to do.
Consistent frequency – Regular and constant messaging is crucial to reaching your target audience.
3. SEO Drives Results. Imagine you’re looking for a new Mexican restaurant to sip margaritas at after work. What do you do? Google it. Need a new pair of hiking shoes? Which ones are the best? Google it.
As you’re scrolling through the search results, how often is it that you click to the 2nd page? The answer is almost never. Only .78% of Google searchers click on results from the 2nd page. So, getting on the top search engine result page is something for which you should strive. In order to do this, you’ll need to incorporate search engine optimization into your overall marketing strategy.
4. Use the Correct Social Platform. Too many times I see companies promoting and selling on the wrong platforms or on no platforms at all. In order to choose the right platforms, you must completely understand your target audience. Who are they, where are they located, what social platforms do they use, etc.?
5. Grab Your Audiences Attention. According to a study by Microsoft, the average human being now has an attention span of eight seconds (Cision). So how do you grab their attention?
Be quick, simple and creative. Don’t overwhelm your audience with tons of words and fancy jargon. Write for the audience and get straight to the point. It’s also crucial to include images, motion graphics, or video. In today’s world, if it doesn’t include one of these, chances are consumers will scroll right past.
6. Utilize Analytics. What good is a marketing strategy with no measurements? How do you know what to do moving forward if you don’t know what has worked in the past? Almost every social media platform is equipped with some form of analytics or insights and most of the time, they are free. If you want more in-depth statistics, try researching different programs like Parsely, HubSpot, or Cision. Using analytics will help you better understand what your consumers are doing, how they are engaging, what has been most successful, and what can be improved.
Whether you’re just getting started or you’re a veteran business leader, it’s not too late to take action. These tips are just the icing on the cake when it comes to building a complete marketing plan. WRL’s award-winning team can help implement all these tips and more!
Visit our website and learn about all the services we offer.